Linux hates rodents

Dear Developer, Technician, User, etc...,

I have sucessfully installed Debian Linux, and Xwindows. My mouse however does not work. I have tried to configure it in the
xf86config program, I have tried several types of mice/trackballs from the Logitech 3-button/scroll-wheel trackmarble to a plain two-button mouse. I have tried every choice for mice offered by xf86config but my mice won't work in Xwindows.

In the two days I've been working with Linux, I can see how superior it is. Please help me figure this one out so I can keep learning.

Respectfully,

Richard P. Acuti