Re: apt-get and glibc update

Federico Grau wrote:

>  - I am disturbed that it does not tell me the package names before performing
>    the upgrade (if I recall correctly, normal "apt-get upgrade"s do)?!

that one i can't answer it'd be nice if it did! i get the same ..

>  - What is the significance of "communicator being held back"... I recall
>    reading some problems with the redhat rpms breaking java with communicator,
>    but what is my debian system trying to do with communicator and why

i don't understand why (i've had this happen too) from what i've seen
when something like that is "held back" sometimes it is because it
depends on other things where you did not tell apt to install, i've
always been able(as far as i know) get around this by forcing an
install, in this case 'apt-get install communicator' will tell apt to
install that..then you can get more detailed info on any problems(if
any) there are.

nate

--
:::