Re: apt-get and glibc update

Federico Grau <donfede@casagrau.org> writes:

> Hello people,
>
> I am a relatively new debian user (a couple months), but long time
> linux user.  I am curious why the new glibc updates are not showing
> up when I run apt-get.

Wild guess: you *do* have

  deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

in your /etc/apt/sources.list, don't you?

> I am running potato, have run apt-get update, and also dpkg -l libc6,
> but the most recent version it lists is "2.1.3-10".  My sources.list
> file is pointing to a local mirror (tux.org)... the announcement and
> new packages were put out a couple days back, could it take that long
> for the mirrors to sync up?

Well it could, but probably didn't.  It may just be somewhere else (or
not mirrored to begin with).  Wander around your mirrors equivalent of
dists/potato and see what's there.  Security updates go into 'updates'
first and whether/when they will be merged into 'main' ... who knows?

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development