LILO-rific

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 04:08:55PM -0400, Rubbish5@aol.com wrote:

> I'm a little confused about boot being set, since shouldn't that maybe be
> hda1, since windows MBR, er... I really don't get that part so well.  The
> last question is: As of now I'm using a floppy to boot to Linux.  Otherwise
> the system boots to Windows no questions asked, since I haven't touched the
> MBR.  If I load lilo into the MBR, and I decide it's not working out for me,
> is there a quick way to pull it back out?  Much thanks, bye!
>
> -Chris
========================Hi
	Send me (off list) a copy of the outputs of fdisk and /etc/lilo.conf .
Lilo can be set up  to be the boot loader for your system.

 If I load lilo into the MBR, and I decide it's not working out for me,
> is there a quick way to pull it back out?
Yes , use the Windows boot floppy to boot into your machine and type
"fdisk/mbr" and press enter, to overwrite the lilo in the MBR and restore
windows to the way it was earlier (why  you would want to do this beats me!
-:)  )
Regards
BALA