Re: Debian News Group Needed

This list is *EXTREMELY* helpful for any problem a debian user may
have.  I personally have never *not* gotten a solution to my problems
posted here, and the solution is usually posted just a few minutes/hours
after I send my help message.

As an aside, I think the sheer volume of people subscribed to this list
helps with the rapid replies.  I was subscribed to the Slackware list (I
use Slackware at work) and answers took days to get with nowhere near
the quality of answers.

Kelly ;)

USM Bish wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 05:57:19PM +0530, Previ wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >     I seriously believe that this and other debian lists are  far better
> > managed both by users and debian, using NewsGroups
> > rather than mail lists.
> >
> > Hoping to news://news.debian.org/ soon.
> >
> > Previ
> >

> Yeah, I'd agree with you to a certain point. If you
> use http mail servers like hotmail, excite etc  the
> traffic would definitely be an impediment.  Some of
> the servers do not appreciate mailing lists ....
>
> On the  other side,  the  debian list is one of the
> most bubbly and helpful lists that I have seen. Can
> you believe I posted a query on  04 Sep 2k (Mon) in
> the morning, and somebody replied my mail on 03 Sep
> (Sun) before going to bed in the US ?   Many people
> (like me) would like to keep things this way.
>
> In case the volume of mail is what is bothering you
> there is already a news group for debian.  Somebody
> has replied already <news:muc.lists.debian.user>.
>
> USM Bish
>
> --

-- Kelly Corbin
-- kcorbin@theiqgroup.com