Re: Where to add default gateway

Adrian;

/etc/init.d/network is how I do it and I believe thats the "normal" place
for it at least in Potato and Slink. Not sure about Woody which you should
not be running unless you like the bleeding edge and have experience. It
looks like this snippet:

##/etc/init.d/network

#! /bin/sh
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0
IPADDR=192.168.1.200
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
GATEWAY=192.168.1.188
ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
route add -net ${NETWORK}

## END /etc/init.d/network

Those numbers need to be correct for your setup. The setuo should have
asked these questions during install.
.

Good luck

Tom