RE: Debian vs. Red Hat

I was using FreeBSD for ISP's but found that the linux kernel had better
support for the hardware that was comming in.. We installed debian and
redhat and slackware to replace it but gradually phased out he other
linuxes because debian is better. It has a more intelligent layout and
better package granularity (like slackware) but everything tends to be
available and works out of the box (unlike slackware)  I really like
slackware but I wouldn't try and put it on an ISP because it is suited to
people who like to tinker or hack.. not bog standard servers who's only
role in life is news, apache, or radius services which they have to do
well.  The advantages of red-hat are it's user-friendly (more automated,
less involving and less precise) administration and setup scripts.

Dave