Re: Netscape mime-types

I saw this conversation re a recent download of netscape from the ftp
site (pasted below).  I got my new version from the html page where you
can more discriminantly choose your flavor of linux.  It works out of
the box.

mike

> I get this error when I try to run Netscape (it is installed):
>
> ./netscape: error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2:
>
> I get this error when I try to install Mozilla:
>
> ./mozilla-bin: error in loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Should I download another libc*??

The mozilla binary is built for RedHat 6.2.

Make a symlink to go from /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 to
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 then run ldconfig as root.

It'll fix your netscape problem as well.