General anser to "where I place the configuration of"

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000, David Bellows wrote:
> Sorry I wasn't clear on what I wanted -- I did just want to know where
> the configuration file was.  The other distribution I was using had a
> more round-about manner of getting this accomplished.  Anyway, thanks
> for your reply -- it worked!

As a rule of thumb, if you need to know how to configure a package you just
do a "dpkg -L packagename".  This will list *ALL* files in the package. Now
look for anything going into /etc, it'll give you a very good clue on how to
configure the package. Also look for any *configure* scripts, as many
packages have those.

Of course, the manpages and /usr/share/doc/packagename are your friends. Use
them.

  Henrique Holschuh