Re: stupid question (threadkill)

I sort of got around it by doing a "shutdown now" which put me in a state good enough
to mess with it.

I am not 100% that it really was in use. I could have been misunderstanding the error
or vi could have stolen some of my crack and smoked it 8^)

In any case, I thank you very much for you help. I learned of other stuff that I
didn't know from your responses.

Mark