RE: ReadmeName and HeaderName in Apache

please unsubscribe me. I do not want to be part of this anymore

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Brownlow [mailto:mike@wsmake.org]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 1:35 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: ReadmeName and HeaderName in Apache

Amir Ish-Hurwitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Both ReadmeName and HeaderName somehow don't work in my Apache. Nothing
> is appended to any directory listing while README and HEADER exist in the
> relevant directory and are readable to all users. I have Apache 1.3.9,
> Apache-SSL 1.3.9 (both Debian packages) and Apache 1.3.12 (compiled
> myself). My Debian version is 2.2 and my kernel is 2.2.16. It's not really
> important, but it sure is irritating. As far as I'm concerned my Apache
> configuration is okay: it says
>
> ReadmeName README
> HeaderName HEADER
<snip>

Hi Amir,
  Try forcing the type of the README and HEADER files for the
directory sections you want. E.g.:

<Directory /some/dir>
Options Indexes
AllowOvrride None

<Files ~ "(README|HEADER)$">
ForceType text/plain
</Files>

order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

--
( Mike Brownlow | http://wsmake.org/~mike/ | http://wsmake.org/ )
( "A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge  )