Problems with dell serial terminal

Hi.
I have an old dell mt-15 serial terminal that i am trying to use with my debian box.
There was no terminfo for mt-15 but the terminal could be set to emulate a tvi925.  I added a getty line to
inittab, sorted out all the baud and text bits.  Everything is fine but it is printing an extra blank line
between every two.  This is likely to do with LF & CR but after much fiddling with stty and reading the howtos
several times I'm stumped.
Thanks.
"We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5  seconds. "
						 = Linus Torvalds
Colin McDowall -- beanz@softhome.net