Re: Potato or Woody

%% "Christopher W. Aiken" <chris@cwaiken.com> writes:

  cwa> I see all of the code names "Potato & Woody" mentioned in
  cwa> a lot of the discussions.  Who is newer, Potato or Woody?
  cwa> How do I know which version that I just got in the mail?

  cwa> My "official" CD's indicate that I have Ver. 2.2_r0
  cwa> uname -a displays:
  cwa>  Linux Debian 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i686 unknown

Debian releases are code-named after characters in Toy Story, during
their development.  After they're released, they have "normal" version
numbers.

Potato was the just-released Debian, version 2.2, so that's what you
have.  That's the current Debian "stable" release.

Woody is the currently under-development, or "unstable", release.

HTH.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development