Re: ippl-listfiles vs logrotate

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Guettler <guettli@interface-business.de> writes:

Thomas> It think the way ippl handles logfiles is confusing.  I
Thomas> searched very long to find out why my logfiles get rotated
Thomas> although they are not mentioned in logrotate.conf.  (The get
Thomas> rotated by script which calls ippl-listfiles)

Thomas> What do you think?  Should I do send a bug with category
Thomas> "request for feature"?

AFAIK the logrotate package is mostly there to handle logs of programs
invented in Red Hat land, which depend on it.  The default Debian way
is for each package to handle its own log rotation, like ippl does.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source