Re: can't ping

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 08:19:38AM -0700, Kirk Schroeder wrote:

> I have a Debian box that I can not ping my SuSE box. Is there something in
> Debian that I am missing?

do you have the driver for your network-card loaded?
do you have configured the interface correctly? (man ifup, interfaces, ...)
are the routes correct?
is the connection between the computers ok?

have you searched in the networking howtos in /usr/share/doc/HOWTOS?

     moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>
 * http://hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/