Re: easy numlock question

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 08:35:55AM -0500, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:

> I haven't read everything Debian yet, but wouldn't you want to save the
> above scripts as something more like /etc/init.d/setleds, then:
>
> #chmod 0755 /etc/init.d/setleds
> #ln -s /etc/init.d/setleds /etc/rc2.d/S20setleds
>
> This woudl keep things in what seems to be the "Debian" way.

no, this utility only works on the current VT which is probably tty1
for the boot process.  if you really insist on pushing this on all
your users the place to put the mentions shell commands is
/etc/profile.

however i would argue that numlock status is a USER preference and
thus should be left to individual users to place in thier
~/.bash_profile if they desire this.

also its better to avoid using root privileges to implement such
minutia.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/