RE: easy numlock question

> no, this utility only works on the current VT which is probably tty1
> for the boot process.  if you really insist on pushing this on all

Works just fine on my potato!  Got all 6 terminals with numlock set!

> your users the place to put the mentions shell commands is
> /etc/profile.
>
> however i would argue that numlock status is a USER preference and
> thus should be left to individual users to place in thier
> ~/.bash_profile if they desire this.

I have found that most users want the num-lock on, I'm one of them (I'm also
the main user of the system), and being the evil IT person I am, I get to
enforce my evil wicked will on the underlying helpless populace. ;>}

> also its better to avoid using root privileges to implement such
> minutia.

I agree.

Brooks