Re: easy numlock question

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:29:43PM -0400, Mark Simos wrote:
> well, leaving it in the rc2.d directory as per the initial suggestion, it ain't running
> at boot time . i am a little new to *nix, so bear with me :)
>
> the file is as follows:
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root    root         82 Aug 29 18:27 s20setleds

I think case is important here: S20setleds should work.

Also, convention is to put the script in /etc/init.d and make it
executable (chmod +x somescript) and then sym-link to it from the
run-level directories you want the script to run under.

In /etc/rc2.d do:

ln -s /etc/init.d/somescript S20somescript

Or, use update-rc.d for an easier way to add/remove scripts from
various run-level directories.

HTH,

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good