Status of secure RPC

Hi folks,

I want to use Secure RPC, so I can use Secure NFS (and possibly NIS+).
I am somewhat confused about the status of the Secure RPC implementation
in Linux.  Judging from various HOWTOs, Secure RPC is not currently
implemented, but I found pre-Alpha client code via google
(http://www.cs.vu.nl/~gerco/SecureRPC/).  I was also pointed to the web
site of Thorsten Kuken (http://www.suse.de/~kuken/), but he is not very
specific about Secure RPC.  And then there are some posts on the
libc-hacker mailing list, that suggest, that Secure RPC is implemented
in glibc 2.?.

Has anybody tried Secure NFS with a Linux client?  Any information that
can get me started?

TIA, Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld