Re: Install Errors

On 30, aug, 2000 at 05:20:21 +0900, Jack Morgan wrote:
> I put a computer with some old parts and a new 20GB HDD. I down loaded
> rescue.bin and root.bin from Debian ftp site with Netscape. While trying to
> install I got this error message:
>
> end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector O
>  (repeated 4 times)
> RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAMDISK image starting at 0
> VFS: insert root floopy and press enter
>  (repeat first error 3 times)
> EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
>  (repeat first error 2 times)
> MINIX-fs: unable to read superblock
>  (repeat first error 2 times)
> FAT bread failed
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> 02:00: rm=0, want=33, limit=4
> dev 02:00 blksize=1024 blocknr=32 sector=64 size=1024 count=1
> isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=02:00, iso_blknum=16, block=32
>
> What is dev 02:00? How can I continue with the install?

Looks like a bad floppy. You should try checking a floppy again, write
the image to it, and then check it again with `cmp image_file /dev/fd0'
(which will only work in Linux of course, don't know what to do down in
Windows).

I've seen similar errors, and formating, checking and rewriting the bad
disk allways helped, if not the first time around, then the second time

Pesky floppies!

HTH and Good luck.
			Morten

--