Re: ncr53c406a

On 29 Aug 2000, jess wrote:

> Hi Maybe someone can help me. When i try to boot up from the debian 2.1 cd fo
> rthe first times to install the program. I hit enter at the boot prompt like
> it says and it spits out a whole bunch of stuff and freezes up with the las
> tline being
> ncr53c406a :no avalible ports found
>
> what can i do to get past this point?
> How can i prevent this?
> what do i type in at the boot prompt?

I would recommend that you try booting from one of the floppy disk sets
that are available for installing Debian. Take a look at:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html

Specifically, section 5.2. There you will find a discussion of available
installation sets.

Jason

Jason Christensen                  Ideas won't keep;
jason@jasonchristensen.net         something must be done about them.
http://www.jasonchristensen.net/             - Alfred North Whitehead