Re: Apps Crashing a Lot

On 29 Aug 2000 11:20:20 PDT, Tal Danzig said:

[snip]

>  I've had Linux programs crash because they are buggy programs (you will find
>  that in any OS), but I've found Linux itself to be very stable.  (My last
>  reboot on this machine was 56 days ago)
>  Xcdroast is probably crashing because you don't have you CD writer set up
>  properly.  You need scsi-emulation in the kernel if you have an IDE drive.

Yes, I am replying to my own email.
Just want to clarify.
Buggy apps have never caused Linux to crash.
I ment to say, that yes apps crash, but not the OS.

Tal

[snip]

|   Tal Danzig                 | Join #libranet on the         |
|   tal@libranet.com           | openprojects IRC network      |
|   http://www.libranet.com    |   Tal Danzig                  |
|   The TOP Desktop!           |   tal@libranet.com            |