RE: Apps Crashing a Lot

Have you guys tried ctrl+alt+backspace to get back to the console instead of
(i) rebooting the box and (ii) telnetting from another machine to issue a
init 1!!! If that doesn't work, try ctrl+alt+FX (where X is the number
representing the console 1 to 6). You also might want to determine the
reason(s) for the "crashes"...it may be caused by a rogue app or
something...such feedback to the developers is important as bugs can then
get fixed promptly and everyone can go about their daily lives again!

Cheers.

Patrick Cheong
Information Systems Assurance
Measat Broadcast Network Systems