Re: Mutt: Mail-Follow-Up header incorrect

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 01:45:29AM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Still, my external email address is kmself@ix.netcom.com, not "karsten".
> Anyone know how I can supply the correct value using Mutt?  Docs tell me
> how to toggle *generating* the header, but no guidance on setting the
> correct value.  Or should I use a rewriting rule in exim?

Mutt lets you set any headers.  First you need (in .muttrc):

set hdrs

Next you need to define the header with something like these from my
.muttrc:

#my_hdr X-Useless-Header: Look ma, it's a \# sign! # real comment
#my_hdr X-Operating-System: `uname -a`
#my_hdr X-From: David Benfell <old-man@greybeard95a.com>
my_hdr X-Moon: `/usr/games/bin/pom`
#my_hdr Reply-To: David Benfell <white_line_fever@yahoo.com>

The lines beginning with pound signs are, as you'd expect, treated as
comments, representing headers I no longer use.

--
David Benfell
benfell@greybeard95a.com

					[from fortune]