audio cd problems

I can't play audio cd's in potato - audio or cd progs complain that saying
they cannot access the cdrom device, and if I just hit the 'play' button
on the cd-drive itself, the output doesn't go thru the soundcard - The
only way I can listen is to get the audio cable and put in the the jack on
the front of the cd player.

I am using the ALSA drivers that came with potato. Could it be a problem
with this? Or maybe cdrom automounting? Everything worked OK under
Redhat6.1

ciao

vik

vik4@mindless.com
<http://www.progsoc.org/~vik>
PGP: <http://www.progsoc.org/~vik/pgp.txt>

There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali