problem with tetex in potato?

Hi,

I just burned some CD's with the latest Debian version (potato)
and tried to update my system (running frozen potato already).
Since I've already had problems with tetex for a very long time
I decided to remove it from my system ad reinstall it.  However
it turns out that altough tetex-bin/base/extra are "recommended"
by a lot of packages, the tetex packages themselves are not in the
Packages file anymore.  The DEBs are in the tex directory on the
official CD's however.  Does anybody have any idea why this is
so and how I can install tetex?

Note: I tried to run dpkg -i on the DEBs directly but I got some
errors about xDvi not existing

Thanks in advance,

Nico

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/DME-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com