Re: printing FAQ? (simple parallel)

shaul said,

>I said

> > The printer is online, and I can cat to it and cause output (which would
> > get
> > me by if it was a postscript printer . . .)

> > I start and stop the daemon, but nothing happens.

> > I've tried playing around with lines like

> >  gs -sDEVICE=ljet2p -sOutputfile= | cat > /dev/lp0 syllabus.f00.micro.ps

> > also to no avail

> This might indicate loadable modules problems in your kernel.
> What Kernel version are you using? What parallel port relates modules do you
> have?

Thank you.  Turns out that the printer had chosen this week to roll
over and die :)  It can't even get through it's self-test without
jamming paper, among other thins [this is the one that was held
together by rivets & duct tap--I was impressed to see such a thing work
at all :) ].

I plugged in another printer, and off it ran . . .

hawk