Re: procmail receipes

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 04:34:10AM +0000, Pollywog wrote:

> On 25-Aug-2000 Dale L . Morris wrote:
> > I'm wondering if the syntax is correct. This is what I'm using
> > for a procmail receipe:
> >
> >:0:
> > * ^To_debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
>        ^-----why the underscore?
> I would use  * ^To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

i woulda wondered the same thing if i myself
hadn't just seen the delightful document at

	http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

apparently there's a shortcut/macro thing happening
there: ^TO_ checks all likely recipient fields:
cc:, to:, bcc:, resent-to: & such like.

	http://www.procmail.org/jari/pm-tips-body.html#to__macro_deciphered

it's probably in the normal docs, which you'd run
across if 1) you had the patience to weed through it
2) enjoy rubbing your eyeballs over words strung together
to look like english, and 3) the chutzpah to endure the
effort.