R: R: R: net install of staroffice 5.2

hi russ,

> 	Marko: First what I can do is apologise for missinformation.

> If your so-xxxx file runs it should accept the -net
> suffix,and give you a net
> install in your root directory as  /office52.

i still have to take home my english copy of staroffice, and try with that.
i'm absolutely sure (but i can triple check this, after a positive install
of
the english version) that the italian version i have (came in a cd with a
magazine) DOESN'T accept switches. i tried both -net and /net (and also
/NET) and it always came up complaining 'wrong switch' and quitting.

so what i should do is

run as root so52-ga..-en.bin -net and install it in -say-
/usr/local/staroffice
then for every user i want to use it, run /usr/local/staroffice/setup

is it right?

> 	I just went thru the install both ways to check.

thank you for doing that

> The instructions in the pdf file refer to using a ./setup file on the
> CDrom release,which is where it throws the user off.

> 	Add a space -net to the command. If no go then perhaps there is
> something wrong with the download tho I doubt that.

i'll tell you after the english version is installed

> 	I'm starting to calcify between the ears, hence the dud memory.
> IF needed this is the address to start at,
> 	http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice/5.2/get.html

thanks for your help

Marco Frattola (Pianificazione processi) -
Cubecom S.p.A.
Via de Marini,1 3 piano Torre WTC
16149 GENOVA
tel. 010 6591184