Re: color in Emacs

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 09:08:25PM -0700, Dale L . Morris wrote:
> I would like to get some color in emacs, from checking the emacs ng it
> looks like .Xdefaults entries are the way to go, but I don't have an
> .Xdefaults file, just .xsession.
> Could someone post the 'color' portion of their .emacs file or point
> me in the right direction?

(0) /home/keeling/_ grep -i emacs .Xresources
emacs.foreground:           LightSlateGray
emacs.background:           black
emacs.cursorColor:          orangered
emacs.font:                 -*-*-medium-r-*-*-*-80-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1
emacs.geometry:             106x42+4+18
emacs.pointerColor:         orangered

A note, by the way: emacs colors make sense for white on black, or
black on white.  In between is a very misundertood area.

However, assuming you mean color as in colorized program code:

~/.emacs:
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
(global-font-lock-mode t)

--