Re: Linux Mail Client

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 06:47:49PM -0700, Seth Cohn wrote:
> > So go ahead, start a sourceforge project page, and write a damn clone.
>
>     Go look on Sourceforge in the email clients and notice what the first one
> /is/.

The first one is acmemail (and it's not what we are talking about here).

Stop being a smartass, if you have a project, just give us a link.  If you
YOURSELF do not, then fine.  There are dozens of email projects, 55 at
least, and I'm not going to look thru them all.  Not to mention Evolution
and others that aren't there....

Brian and I said the same thing, and you complained in the answer to him
that GNU/Linux isn't just about coding.  You are right, it's also about
particpating in the process.  This means doing things like using betas and
giving feedback, writing documentation, and much more.  Complaining on the
debian-user list is NOT part of that process....  Right now, if you aren't
a coder, and aren't willing to learn, then go give feedback on a list that
at least _matters_ to what you are complaining about.  Go bother the
Evolution guys... they have a mailing list, where at least you can have
the honor of being flamed by the likes of Miguel and Jamie.

You have gotten lots of answers to this, but I'm going to say it one more
time:

Fine, none of the existing _Linux_ programs do what you want _exactly_.
This means nobody has felt the same itch as you, or has, but hasn't taken
the self-responsibility to fix.  Fixing it can mean a lot of things.
Heck, put up money offering for someone else to write it... Sponsorship is
a form of self-responsibility.

If you aren't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.  And
right now, people are wasting time trying to answer you, instead of doing
more productive things.

<plonk>

Seth