Re: Why does debian (potato) start in the runlevel 2?

Nelson Castillo <ncastillo@unimag.edu.co> writes:
NC> My question is: im new with debian,  and other distributions start in
NC> the runlevel 3. Why does this one run in the rinlevel 2 by default?

Why not?  Debian doesn't define the various runlevels as rigidly as,
say, Red Hat.  If you don't like the runlevel configuration, go into
/etc/rc?.d and tweak the symlinks.  "2" is as good a default as any
other.

(This is sort of covered in section 10.5 of the Debian FAQ.  More
detail there would be useful, though.)

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell