Re: How to upgrade to Potato via network with small hard disk

If it isn't much too small for the packages uninstall several of the
packages you currently have (preferably largish ones) using apt-get
remove, delete all that is currently in /var/cache/apt/archives apt-get
upgrade then delete /var/cache/apt/archives again and now apt-get
install the packages from the new distribution you deleted earlier.
Jeff
(well it worked for me on a laptop)