Re: Cannot start X

I've had this problem also. Most recently after installing xdm. You
might want to try removing your .xsession file in you user directory, or
renaming it to .xsession_bak and see if that helps.
When you ran XF86Setup, did you get all the way to xvidtun and save the
configurations file? If you got that far, you should have a working
server.
good luck