Re: What is stormix

Phillip Deackes wrote:

> No - this wasn't the issue. I installed the new version of Stormpkg and
> the gtksu window didn't appear when I ran it as a regular user. The idea
> is that gtksu allows you to enter your root password and then proceeds
> to run Stormpkg. I also found that Stormpkg was giving me no feedback
> when it went on-line to do apt-get update or apt-get dist-upgrade.
> Deleting my ~/.gnome directory solved the problem. Removing the relevant
> home directory when you upgrade is the standard advice from the Mozilla
> developers - it shouldn;t be necessary with Gnome, but in my case I have
> gone from an early version of Gnome right up to the latest Helix version
> in Woody with the same ~/Gnome files so I am not surprised it was
> throwing a few wobblies!!
Over the last couple of years I have determined that it is a good
practice to rename (or delete if you want to lose all of your
customizations) any .files belonging to specefic software when you
upgrade. It allows the new stuff to settle in with the defaults and show
up any "NEW" options. Then you may compare the new .file with the old
and make any changes you want.
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173