Re: ### a problem with installing Deb 2.1

> I'm trying to install v2.1 on my machine, and I'm running into a > problem.

Don't we all?

> I am at the part "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules" and I > select "cdrom".  When I get the menu list "Select CD Interface Type" > none of the selections seems to work.

What kind of CD-ROM are you using?  If you watch the boot-up messages it
will tell you what the device your CD-ROM drive is on (e.g.. hdb, hdd,
etc.).  Then just choose the correct device from the list and it will
mount it for you

Hope it helps,
Cameron Matheson