Re: Can ssh harm apache-ssl ?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 09:32:40 -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
> Petr Danek <pdanek@novitech-za.sk> writes:
> PD> i read somewhere that ssh can harm apache-ssl because of using
> PD> open-ssl. Is this opinion right ?
>
> That doesn't make any sense, particularly given that ssh has nothing to do
> with SSL,

Petr was talking about OpenSSL the software, not SSL the protocol layer. The
current Debian packages of OpenSSH are linked against OpenSSL (presumably
for its implementation of the RSA public key algorithm).

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go