Potato ipchains for dummies?

Greetings!  I have recently started using Debian and have just updated to
potato from slink.

I have gotten my network hardware running and I'm able to access the 'net
from the debain box.  However, somewhere masquerading that was
configured during the update is not working.

I have been reading HOWTOs and such and I think I have an idea of how to
fix it.  My problem is figuring out where to put the commands to configure
ipchains for masquerading.  Is there a guide or some docs about how to set
this stuff up?  Everything I've found talks about configuring it with
RedHat or Slackware and the filenames/directories don't seem to match up.

Thanks!

Brendan

--
Homines est!  Dici omnes!  Solyens viridis homines est!