Re: Is Debian Linux 2.2 available in San Jose, Cal.

On Fri, Aug 15, 1980 at 02:17:00AM -0700, Ed Burke wrote:
>      Since the Linux conference is running in our area this week, I
>      thought someone or some resource would be available locally to
>      purchase an update CD.  2.1 didn't get the job done but I'm told
>      2.2 should do the job.  However maybe I should just jump to Corel
>      - Not a threat, please don't consider it as such - an idea that
>      might get me on Linux soon.  If any- one has a lead on Debian 2.2
>      for cash in the area please forward a note. Ed

Update (I've been asked by several folks, I'm a customer of Linux
Central, no more):

  o Linux Central is distributing Debian 2.2 disks (a three disk set,
    note that they're packaged independently), for $2/disk, at the
    Internet.com booth at LWE.

  o The disks actually hold, IIRC. 2.2pre3.  There are supposedly three
    packages different between this and the final Potato 2.2 stable
	release.

  o Orders can be placed over the web at http://www.linuxcentral.com/

...for anyone in the SF Bay Area, I've collected a *stack* of the Debian
2.1 boxed sets with the O'Reilly _Running Debian GNU/Linux_ book.  I'll
be able to bring these to SVLUG/BALUG meetings, etc.  You can update
easily over the 'Net by modem or better.  I'll be giving these away to
folks until they're gone.  Several are spoken for by colleagues.