_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

Hi,

I've got a "funny" thing with Potato.  When it has been running for a
while (now 11 days but that happened before as well) and I try to
launch an X client, I got the error message:

	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
	Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

The crazy thing is that it is enough to issue

	export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

to get things working again from a shell (DISPLAY used to be only
:0.0).  The errno=111 seems to happen while I connect the web, but how
can I know for sure?

Thanks for any help,
ChriS