Re: Keyboard died

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 09:49:12PM -0500, Andrew Martin wrote:
> I installed debian and went as far as to make a boot floppy and reboot
> the system.  When it came back up and prompted me to pick a root
> password the keyboard was dead.  I picked the default keyboard
> settings during installation.  How do I go back and change the
> settings?
>
> Andrew uncleandy1@bartnet.net

If nothing was echoed (printed) to screen when you entered the password,
this is normal.  Your password is not displayed on screen.

Enter the password, hit return.  You should now see characters as you
type.

If this doesn't work, try typing at the LILO prompt when you first boot
the system.  If there are still problems, check your cables, and report
back to the list.