Re: temporary allowing telnet to use x-windows

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 11:32:43AM +1000, Kenrick, Chris wrote:
> > Well, John.  Your user will have to install an X-server on his machine.
> > IIRC, there used to be a free beer version of M/IX for Windows, but as of
> > version 2.0, it isn't.  So, you can go with that -- or MicroX or Exceed or
> > hope that the XFree on Windows project ships something soon.
> >

> I have a copy of the aforementioned "free beer" MIX server and it works
> quite
> well on my Win2K box here at work.  If anyone wants a copy, let me know and
> I'll email it... Jack is right that they don't do a free one any more.

I have to question this review.  I've used M/IX, it works.  It supports
a subset of X protocols, and simply *won't* support many features used
by advanced or modern window managers.  If you're looking for basic
terminal and light X app support under twm or fvwm, you may be happy.
Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend another solution.