Re: Quickie Kernel question

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 02:30:15PM -0400, Tim Jump wrote:
> My apologies if this is an rtfm situation, but I haven't been able to
> find the answer in my all-too-brief search.
>
> Do I need to download the kernel-headers package to compile a
> new version of the kernel?  What the heck is that for, anyway?

No, you don't.  You'd only want the kernel-headers package if you
installed a kernel-image package (instead of compiling yourself) and
then wanted to compile something else (like modules) which need to use
kernel headers.  If you're compiling your own kernel, you already have
the headers as part of the source.

Tom