Re: apt-get update for frozen --> 404 not found

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 01:30:41AM -0500, Will Trillich wrote:
> short version:
>
> 	i'm using frozen, and have been updating via
> 	apt-get update --> now, boom! 404 not found,
> 	for every line in /etc/apt/sources.list . . .
> 	so i can't go forward to apt-get upgrade...

Potato is now stable, so you will have to change your sources.list
accordingly. FWIW, I prefer to use the release name (i.e. 'potato")
to avoid this kind of suprise. I had been tracking potato in its later
unstable days and inadvertantly started tracking woody when potato went
frozen because my sources.list was coded to look at 'unstable' rather
than potato. Nothing bad came of this, mind you, but I just didn't want
to be that close to the bleeding edge...

your pal dave

--
Dave Thayer
Denver, Colorado USA