printing with SLRN

I configured printing in my 2.2 potato version using redhat's printtool.
Everything prints fine, messages print from mutt without error, but when
I try to print using slrn, I get an error:

Printing article...sh: lp: command not found
Printer process returned error code 127
I've looked through the slrn.rc files and can't see anything about
printing, can't find anything in the manual. Am I overlooking something
really obvious here?

Thanks in advance

--dale

"Make voyages, attempt them, there's nothing else."
                             --Tennessee Williams