Problem with upgrade and xterm

OK, I had a working Debian slink system that allowed 2 Sun Xterminals to
work off of it.  I had a problem with my hd so I rebuilt the system from
scratch not knowing what has been damaged (yes I am running with no
backups).  Since the Potato reliese is close to done, I desided to take
this time and upgrade too.

I have configured everything with the same paramiters (I think) and am
using the same slxt package for the xterm system.  For some reason it is
not working.  I get the normal boot messages on the xterm but it never
loads the kdm login manager.  Here is what is displayed on the main
computer monitor at that time:

fh_verify: dev/tty2 permission failure, acc=8, error=30
fh_verify: dev/console permission failure, acc=8, error=30
fh_verify: dev/tty0 permission failure, acc=8, error=30

I am at a loss.  Can anyone help?

Brian Schramm
brian@schramms.yi.org
www.linuxexpert.org