Re: fetchmail configuration

Quoth S.Salman Ahmed,

> "fetchmail -v -d0" produces too much output to be useful. I guess I'll
> look into procmail.

If you are running X, and are using an MTA on your system to do local
deliveries (ie., using fetchmail to pass the mail off to port 25 on the
local machine), then you could probably use either an xconsole (or I
prefer a transpranet Eterm tailing /var/log/syslog). On my setup, using
qmail as the local MTA, the address of the incoming mail is listed in
the logs, so it'll appear on your little xterminal.

With my particular setup, I run it through a log colouriser before it
goes to the transparent Eterm, so all email addresses (ie. <.*@.*>) are
displayed in a different colour. Then you just have to keep your eye out
for the scolling colours whizing past.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony

- Running Debian GNU/Linux: Doing my bit for World Domination (tm) -