RE: xfs+xfstt or xfs-xtt

I ve done this change a few weeks ago.
Both worked fine for me.
I believe that (xfs + xfstt) use less memory than xfs-xtt,
right now on my system RSS of xfs-xtt is ~3.5K
but this seems to depend on configuration
and usage (how many TTF requests from your apps)
Main advantages for me:
- I can use font aliases now for the TTFs
 (i need that to properly display greek sites in Netscape)
- A little better rendering
 (maybe just my imagination, dont count on this)
Difficulties:
Not many,
although documentation of xfs-xtt seems a little scary at first glance.
I just wrote a "fonts.dir" by hand with entries like:

arial.ttf -ttf-arial-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1

I made also a relevant "fonts.alias"
put them together with all TTFs in a directory
Then add the directory name in xfs catalogue
(/etc/X11/xfs/config)
and restart xfs.
I still dont fully understand the dpi-relevant options of the story
currently i have to add a -dpi 100 in my startx command
to see TTFs a little bigger on my screen.

mit freundlichen Grussen :))
from Athens-Greece