Re: Netscape 6 PR2 with Debian 2.2

Thomas J. Hamman <hawk3@eagnet.com>:

> > $ ./netscape-installer
> > ./netscape-installer-bin: error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Is there a Debian package that provides this version of libstdc++? If
> > not, does anyone have a recipe for building it?
>
> Try libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1

Thanks.

Now the installer runs, but netscape-installer-bin crashes, apparently
as soon as it tries to download something:

chdir(umovestr: Input/output error
0)                                = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)

All this means is that netscape-installer-bin has called chdir(0).

How do the helpful people at Netscape expect me to fix this without
source? Do they expect their users to intercept C library functions
with LD_PRELOAD or something?

Has anyone else had this problem?

(Copy replies to me, please, while the list archives are broken.)

Edmund