Re: Has Corel been violating the GPL for approx 6 months?

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 06:12:35AM +0000, Mr Smith wrote
> Has former copies of the Corel LinuxOS Open Circulation
> CD-ROM violated the General Public License?
>
> This seems like a straight forward question but one that
> Corel has beat around the bush in answering.
>
> This is going to be a rather lengthy email so I will break
> it into six major parts:
>
> 1) Questioning Corel's distribution practices in January 2000
> 2) Questioning Corel's distribution practices in April 2000
> 3) Corel declairs the situation "corrected" in July 2000
> 4) Corel's excuses for distribution practices
> 5) What Corel doesn't seem to be willing to dispute
> 6) Plan of action to bring about a complette correction
>
>[snip]

One thing you didn't discuss in your post was what remedy, if
any, you proposed to Corel before you decided legal action was
appropriate, and how they responded.

As to their failing to apologize it may be graceless and
unflattering, but provided that they rectified their original
error it's hardly actionable.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au